Associate Media Planner/Buyer
The Associate Media Planner/Buyer is responsible for developing media strategies and media plans for clients. This includes research, negotiation, and ordering of space and time. The Associate Media Planner/Buyer maintains contact with media representatives and responds to all telephone calls and emails from media representatives, gathering any relevant information.
The Associate Media Planner/Buyer plays a vital role in research and marketing to develop and execute an accurate strategic plan for the client. The Associate Planner/Buyer establishes appropriate media and budgets, plans and places all clients’ media buys, and builds strong working relationships with sales reps. This position attends to all administrative functions and paperwork required to carry out assigned tasks.
The Associate Media Planner/Buyer reports to the Media Director and is responsible for:
- Overseeing preparation of traditional and digital media plans for assigned clients based on briefing by Account Service.
- Making recommendations to develop media process/procedure.
- Negotiating and preparing media contracts.
- Working as needed with agency clients to justify media execution.
- Supporting new business opportunities as they arise or are assigned.
- Overseeing development of media schedules and keeping them current. Advise Media Director and Account Service of changes in requirements and costs.
- Managing and establishing deadlines for required materials (creative assets i.e. commercials, print ads, mailers, digital audio and video, banners, etc.) and reporting closing and material deadlines to appropriate departments.
- Oversee the booking of media space, issue Insertion Orders, Insertion Cancellations and Media Change Requests, plus distribution of orders to appropriate parties.
- Overseeing the reviewing of tearsheets to determine if publications have run correct size, position, color, etc.
- Preparing and reporting monthly media department billing summaries for Accounting invoices.
- Managing post analysis of media campaigns with Account Service.
- Available and willing to work full-time onsite at our Kansas City agency headquarters within business hours; Monday-Friday 8:30a-5p. No travel.
- Day-to-Day Agency projects are completed accurately and in a timely manner.
- Demonstrate strong math competency and organizational skills across assigned projects and be at ease working in Microsoft Excel & Office.
- Troubleshoot to determine problem projects on a weekly basis and keep the Media Director informed of any updates or issues encountered that affect client campaigns.
- Keep organized and maintain a file of hard and soft copies of relevant plan documents, including billing back-up.
- Dental/Health/Vision Insurance offered
- 401k with Employer Match
- Flex Plan Option for Medical & Dependent care
- Business casual dress work environment
- Generous Paid Time Off for vacation and holiday